At Southern Cotton, we are committed to providing our employees and visitors with a safe environment.
Please find below downloadable forms, for your reference:
Emergency management procedure
If you’re visiting the Southern Cotton site, you must obtain permission and sign in on the visitor register before entering any part of our operations. Your signature in our visitor register indicates your understanding of the following site safety rules:
Incidents and injury reporting – first aid
Smoking, drugs and alcohol
Safe work practices
Working at heights
Housekeeping: food and drink
If you intend to go outside any of the office areas, you must wear enclosed footwear and hi-visibility clothing. Parts of the site require hearing protection and eye protection. Personal protective equipment signs (posted in blue and white) must be complied with.
- All private vehicles are to be parked in the designated car park.
- Speed limits apply to all vehicles on site. Observe all speed limit and traffic control signs.
- Drivers should be aware of pedestrian traffic, especially on or near pedestrian walkways.
- Always give way to trucks, farm machinery and moonbuggies.
- Do not attempt to overtake vehicles under dusty conditions and be aware that other vehicles may be coming in the opposite direction.
- In dusty conditions, use your headlights and pull over as far as possible to let vehicles pass.
- Under no circumstances are visitors allowed on the bale pad area.
Report all injuries to the supervisor or the person you are visiting. First aid stations facilities are available throughout the site. Please observe the green first aid kit location signs. Southern Cotton provides all aspects of first aid – trained officers, kits and procedures in the event of a first aid emergency and incident / accident reporting.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Drugs and alcohol are not permitted on site.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol, prohibited substances or prescribed medications will be refused entry to the site.
- All visitors must keep to pedestrian walkways, where possible.
- All visitors must be vigilant of vehicle traffic, especially forklifts and trucks.
- Site working procedures must be observed at all times.
- Some areas of this site are considered as confined space areas – only to be entered by authorised personnel.
- Please comply with red danger signage and yellow cautionary signage.
- No welding or cutting is permitted without written authorisation (hot work permit).
Safety procedures are in place and all persons working at heights (> 1.8m above the ground) are secured. Visitors must ensure that they comply with these requirements.
- All rubbish must be placed in the bins provided.
- Food and drink must only be consumed in the amenities facilities or designated outdoor areas.
Children are not permitted on site unless accompanied by a responsible adult or unless permission has been obtained for a site tour.
Pets and livestock are not permitted on Southern Cotton property.
Should the emergency alarm sound, please proceed to the emergency area as directed. Please remain at this point until the warden has given the ‘all clear’.