As the cotton industry grows in southern NSW, Southern Cotton is building capacity to provide cotton growers with even more support, on our mission to exceed expectations.
Together with quality cotton ginning, Southern Cotton also delivers a number of additional, personalised services, as we strive to go above and beyond for our growers:
Consistently ranked as one of the best gins in Australia, the multi award-wining Southern Cotton is committed to providing a personalised cotton ginning service, with competitive pricing options. When you gin with us, you will benefit from the following:
- Fast, timely ginning
- Tailored logistics
- Cottonseed marketing
- Maximum seed program
- Cotton lint marketing flexibility
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tracking system
- Insurance from pick to bale
- Real-time data, through our opt-in app and personal grower web portal.
Southern Cotton provides a seamless service for growers. That is why our warehousing facility allows our growers to store bales, in the following situations:
- Bales can be stored, without prior sale, while growers wait for classing results
- Bales can be stored and tendered via Proclass
- Bales can be stored for merchants and picked into lots before packing into containers for exporting
- With a large, sealed concrete staging area, the Southern Cotton warehouse protects bales. Our sheds have a storage capacity of 80,000 bales at any one time.
An AQIS approved site, with authorised officers onsite at all times, Southern Cotton exports both cotton lint and cottonseed directly from the gin to the port. This is the most cost-effective method of transporting our produce from the Riverina.
When you export with Southern Cotton, you can expect the following:
- Timely packing with no cut-offs for container delivery to port missed
- Re-bagging of any cotton lint not export ready
- Accurate and compliant export documentation
Over the last two years Southern Cotton has pack over 187,771 bales, or over 1,734 containers. Our warehousing service involves loading bales into containers live (while still on trucks) to reduce turnaround times.
Many new growers find picking to be a barrier to entry. Southern Cotton has partnered with cotton picking contractors to help prioritise first-time and smaller growers.
Our contract picking service, includes:
- Pre-harvest crop assessments and information sessions
- Picker and bale grab provided
- Picker data is sent straight to the gin
- Freight can also be arranged, on request
- Broken bales are also managed through transport in the Southern Cotton walking floor trailer.
At Southern Cotton, we are recognised for our dedication to best management practices. Our best-practice philosophy is showcased on our own myBMP accredited farm, Tubbo Irrigation.
Here, we grow our own cotton and winter cereals on 2,000 hectares of leased land, allowing growers to kick the dirt and talk all-things cotton with our friendly directors and farm staff. Based in Coleambally, growers are welcome to contact our farm manager at any time, to take a tour.